Sunday, September 17, 2017


Gwen Hardie
By: Maverick Shaw

       Upon arriving to Gwen Hardie's art showing, I had never seen her work or heard of anything quite like it. I've always been a huge astronomy fan and the first thing I noticed was a galaxy-like theme. Spherical oil canvas's across the room from darker ones to brighter ones. They were the most extraordinary pieces I had ever seen and it was only until moments of taking it in that I began to see and imagine things that the pieces made me the think of. Beginning with her choice in color. While observing the brighter one to the right she was speaking about, it hit me, how I couldn't distinguish between day and night on the canvas. When I made that distinction I thought to my self how there really is no day and night. A quite obvious distinction but her work disconnected me for a brief second from such a pythagorean right and left world. Instead for a brief second it made me feel much more interconnected within one another and our race as a whole. Whether it was the theme of start dust or it just coincidentally popped into my head, she displayed a feeling to me that we truly were all created from the exact same substance and our meaning lays somewhere between God and being star dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment